Friday, May 17, 2024 8:00:02 AM

TE21 n/s air intake

8 months ago
#2823 Quote
Hi,

Could someone tell me what the ducting under the near side front wing of the car should be like. Does it mimic the offside but in 2 1/2” diameter i.e. adapter from front panel to n/s footwell fresh air vent, and with a branch pipe feeding carburettor air filter?

Thanks
Martin
8 months ago
#2824 Quote
The tube goes from the intake grill directly to the footwell   vent as per the drawing on p118 of the parts book . The sketch show s the setup on a TD S11 but the layout is the same on the TE

There should be a short curved length of pipe of varying cross section on the intake to the air filter box, see p90 of the parts book. If fitted it means that incoming air is drawn from under the wing rather than from under the bonnet so is cooler. I am told RT stock this piece of pipe which resembles an elephants trunk.
7 months ago
#2825 Quote
Peter wrote:
The tube goes from the intake grill directly to the footwell   vent as per the drawing on p118 of the parts book . The sketch show s the setup on a TD S11 but the layout is the same on the TE

There should be a short curved length of pipe of varying cross section on the intake to the air filter box, see p90 of the parts book. If fitted it means that incoming air is drawn from under the wing rather than from under the bonnet so is cooler. I am told RT stock this piece of pipe which resembles an elephants trunk.

Thanks Peter.
I’d studied the drawings, but didn’t make the connection that if the TE wasn’t mentioned it was probably the same as the TD.

Cheers