Friday, May 17, 2024 10:35:23 AM

Window crank

2 years ago
#2728 Quote
The window crank on my TA21 convertible has ceased to function. I am attempting to remove the door card to investigate this. I have removed all visible screws as well as the interior door handle and window crank handle, but the card remains firmly affixed to the wooden door capping and I can see no visible means of removing this.
2 years ago
#2729 Quote
The door card is attached to the main door frame by 3 screws hidden by the vertical capping piece which is in turn retained by 2 hidden slotted devices.To remove capping piece, slide it forwards or backwards whilst pushing it gently outwards,easy! Not so easy is sorting out the cats cradle of wires and pulleys which move the glass up and down ,On my somewhat modified car this is achieved by using a regulator from a vauxhall chevette van/2 door coupe, it is a nightmare.Good Luck
2 years ago
#2730 Quote
Many thanks Peter for your sound advice. I have now managed to complete the job and re-attach the 'cats cradle' as you put it. It is not a perfect system (probably due to age) and is prone to slipping which is what caused the problem in the first place I think. I may need to explore the modification that you have undertaken.